About the American Society of the University of Haifa (ASUH)
WELCOME to the American Society of the University of Haifa. For nearly 40 years, we have served as a vital connection between the University and its many friends in the United States, raising visibility and financial support to help the University. The goal of the American Society of the University of Haifa is to help ensure the continued excellence of the educational, research, and communal activities of the University of Haifa.
The University of Haifa, the largest comprehensive research university in northern Israel, is dedicated to academic excellence and social responsibility, with internationally recognized faculties in social and natural sciences, the humanities, law, education, social welfare, and health studies. This world-class institution of higher learning, characterized by a strong spirit of curiosity and daring, is a leader in innovation and new technologies.
The University’s location atop Mount Carmel provides a unique backdrop for exciting interdisciplinary programs and cooperative endeavors with academic institutions around the world. An exciting and inspiring cultural mosaic, the University has a diverse student population of more than 23,000 primed to address both regional challenges and social issues. By providing equal educational opportunities to all sectors of Israeli society, the University of Haifa has proven itself to be a leader in promoting peaceful co-existence both on and off campus.
Who supports the American Society for the University of Haifa? Individuals, foundations, Jewish federations, and corporations from across the United States who:
- Understand that Israel’s continued strength and vitality depends on the success of its institutions of higher learning.
- Recognize the importance of access to higher education for all members of Israeli society.
- Grasp the significance of serious scientific and health research in a collaborative, multidisciplinary academic environment.
- Understand the long-range impact of developing Northern Israel and the Galilee.
- Value tolerance and diversity in academic communities in general and in Israel in particular.
- Appreciate the vital role that the University plays in maintaining Israel’s security through its National Security Studies Center.